Skip to Content

What information do I need to file an Unemployment Insurance claim online?

  • Social Security Number and Name as it appears on your Social Security card,
  • A valid Driver's License or State ID,
  • If claiming your spouse or child as a dependent, the Social Security Number, Date of Birth and name of dependent(s),
  • Employer's name, mailing address, phone numbers, employment dates, and separation reason for all the employers you worked for in the last 18 months,
  • If you are not a United States citizen, your Alien Registration Information,
  • If you worked since Sunday of this week, the amount of gross wages earned this week. (You must report all gross wages for any work performed, full or part-time. Gross wages are the amount earned before any deductions, not "take home pay". Wages in the form of lodging, meals, merchandise or any other form should be included. Gross wages must be reported the week in which they are earned, not the week in which you receive the wages. If your gross wages earned in any week are less than your weekly benefit amount, you still may be eligible to receive a full or partial benefit payment), and,
  • If you are a recently separated veteran, bring in the Member 4 Copy of the DD form 214 / 215.

What information do I need to file an Unemployment Insurance claim at my local office or WorkNet center?

  • In addition to everything listed above, you will need to bring two forms of identification, at least one containing your Social Security number.