Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc
1541 Elmhurst Road
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Springfield Offiice: 217-523-4692
Elk Grove Village Office: 847-709-2960
For training information go to: www.learnyourtrade.com
The Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. sponsors/offers U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship & Training approved apprenticeship craft training programs in electrical and plumbing crafts.
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma, or GED (exceptions will be made for school to work apprentices).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have the physical ability to perform the craft's responsibilities.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form and return it to an AIC representative in an IDES office nearest you. A separate application process is required to become registered with the BAT. Call the above number for applications.
- ABC Member Non-Member
- Tuition $ 900.00 $ 1,375.00
- Application fee(non-refundable) $ 50.00 $ 50.00
- Textbooks $ 85.00 $ 85.00
- Total $1,125.00 $ 1,510.00
NOTE: Payment in full must be received with application before 1st class night.
- Specific Trade Journal, market price
- 1/2 Year Proficiency Exam $100.00
- Full Year Proficiency Exam $200.00
Length of Apprenticeship
Four (4) years
- Minimum of 144 classroom hours of training per year.
- 2,000 hours of on-the-job training per year.
- First aid and CPR courses required.
- OSHA 10 hour certification required.
- Classes are held in the evening on varying days particular to the specific course at Fenton High School in Bensenville, Illinois.
- Classes start in September and end in June.