Tuckpointers Local 52 Illinois Apprenticeship Trust
1105 S. Western Avenue
Chicago, IL 60608
Phone (312) 432-1350
(Training facility located at 4626 N. Knox, Chicago 60608)
Tuckpointers clean masonry buildings, apply caulk, tuckpoint using different types of mortar and sealants, replace lintels, and repair and restore deteriorating masonry and concrete structures.
- Must be at least 17 years old. (Eighteen at time of selection)
- Must show a birth certificate.
- Must have completed two years of high school or possess a GED certificate. (Transcripts are required)
- Must provide a physician's note that states you are able to perform the work of the trade.
NOTE: If you are male and between the ages of 18 and 26, you must show a Draft Registration Acknowledgment Card.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form and return it to an AIC representative in an IDES office nearest you. The AIC maintains a mailing list and will notify you when applications are available. When you apply you will need to fill out their application.
- Applications are available for a two week period every two years
- Submit all required material within 14 days.
- Attend orientation day prior to taking aptitude test.
- Applicants are interviewed verbally by the committee.
- Points are given based on aptitude test scores and interview scores. Applicants are placed on an eligibility list according to rank.
- Applicants are selected from highest rank to lowest.
- Must be able to work off the ground and higher than 80 stories.
- Tuckpointers work in all types of weather and most work is done above the ground.
Length of Apprenticeship
Three (3) years
- Apprentices attend school on Saturdays. During periods when work is slow, apprentices attend school for two weeks, Monday-Friday.
- Apprentices work full time receiving on-the-job training.
- Period 1 50% of journeyman's wage
- Period 2 60% of journeyman's wage
- Period 3 70% of journeyman's wage
- Period 4 80% of journeyman's wage
- Period 5 90% of journeyman's wage
- Period 6 95% of journeyman's wage
- Journeyman Level 100% of journeyman's wage
- Journeyman's wage rate = $29.65/Hr (2000)
- Health & Welfare, Pension, Annuity