Tile Finishers Union, B.A.C. Local 67
6425 S. Central Avenue
Chicago, IL 60638
Phone (773) 884-6500
Tile Finishers clean, grout, and polish tile and other installed materials. They also apply protective coverings to all types of tile installations.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a car.
- Must show a birth certificate.
- Must have proof of citizenship.
- Must take and pass and aptitude test.
- Must take and pass an oral interview.
How to Apply
Complete the application form and return it to an AIC representative in an IDES office nearest you. The AIC maintains a mailing list and will notify you when applications are available. When you apply you will need to fill out their application.
- Applications are made available as labor demands dictate.
- Take an aptitude test.
- Take an oral interview.
- A combination of the aptitude test and oral interview will determine the rank of an applicant.
- Applicants with the highest rank will be accepted first.
(Helpful but not necessary for acceptance.)
- Previous experience with construction work is beneficial.
- Tile Finishers work inside the majority of the time.
Length of Apprenticeship
One and one half (1 1/2) years
- Apprentices begin by attending two Saturday classes.
- Apprentices must complete 12, eight hour classes.
- Apprentices receive on-the-job training.
- 1 hour - 599 hours of on-the-job training st 50% of journeyman's wage
- 600 hours - 1,199 hours of on-the-job training 60% of journeyman's wage
- 1,200 hours - 1,799 hours of on-the-job training 70% of journeyman's wage
- 1,800 hours - 2,399 hours of on-the-job training 80% of journeyman's wage
- 2,400 hours - 2,999 hours of on-the-job training 90% of journeyman's wage
- Journeyman Level 100% of journeyman's wage
- Journeyman's wage rate as of 7/99 - $25.18 per hour
- Health Welfare, Pension (Local & International), Annuity