Ceramic Tile Layers and Terrazzo Workers Local 67
6425 S. Central Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60638
Phone (773) 884-6500
Ceramic Tile Layers install ceramic, mosaic, quarry, marble tile, and decorative tiles.
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Must have completed two years (8 credit hours) of high school.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Must take and pass an aptitude test.
- Must take and pass an oral interview.
- Must have a valid drivers license at time of selection
How to Apply
- Complete the application form and return to an AIC representative in an IDES office nearest you. When you apply you will need to fill out their application. Call before going to pick up an application.
- Applications made available as labor demands dictate.
- Submit high school transcript (official), 2 letters of reference, birth certificate and photo ID.
- Take and pass aptitude test.
- A combination of the aptitude test and the oral interview will determine an applicant's rank.
- The highest ranking applicants will be accepted first.
- Must be able to withstand working on your hands and knees for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 100 pounds.
Recommended Preparatory Classes
- Mathematics, geometry, shop, and blueprint reading.
(Helpful but not necessary for acceptance)
- Previous experience with construction work is beneficial.
- Ceramic Tile Layers work both inside and out.
Length of Apprenticeship
Three (3) years
- Apprentices begin by attending a mandatory, unpaid eight week pre-apprentice session.
- Apprentices receive on-the-job training five days a week.
- Apprentices attend school for eight hours on Saturdays from September - May.
- 0 - 1,000 hours of on-the-job training 50% of journeyman's wage
- 1,001 - 2,000 hours of on-the-job training 60% of journeyman's wage
- 2,001 - 3,000 hours of on-the-job training 70% of journeyman's wage
- 3,001 - 4,000 hours of on-the-job training 80% of journeyman's wage
- 4,001 - 5,000 hours of on-the-job training 90% of journeyman's wage
- 5,001 - 6,000 hours of on-the-job training 95% of journeyman's wage
- Journeyman Level 100% of journeyman's wage
- Average Journeyman's wage rate = $28.42/Hr. (06/00)
- Health & Welfare, Pension (Local & International), Annuity