Under the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Act, employers have certain obligations.
Be an active partner with IDES by complying with the following employer requirements:
- Maintaining accurate records of services performed by employees.
- Properly classifying individuals who perform services as employees rather than independent contractors, in accordance with UI Act definitions.
- Accurately and timely submitting quarterly wage reports and paying UI contributions.
- Reporting all new and rehired employees to the State Directory of New Hires by the due date, as required by federal and state laws.
- Providing complete and accurate Employee Separation Information.
- Responding promptly to requests for verification of weekly earnings.
- Understanding employer responsibilities under the UI Act. IDES has data sharing agreements with other state and federal agencies.
Click for Employer Obligations Under the UI Act (pdf)