Register with Illinois JobLink and Find Jobs Today!
Follow the steps below to set up your new Illinois JobLink account. Once you have this account you will be able to search for work from any computer with an internet access.
Go to www.ides.illinois.gov - select the Individuals menu, Search for Jobs and click Illinois JobLink.
Enter information on the "New Account Creation for Job Seeker Page."
- Create and enter username. It should be 6 - 20 characters, letters, and letters only, no spaces.
- Create and enter password. It can be 8 - 20 characters, numbers, letters and special characters, no spaces. Examples: superman#1 or stronglady@2011.
- Enter additional requested information including Contact Information and click continue.
Please note: At this point your Illinois JobLink Basic Account is complete. For the best results we recommend you continue on to "Create a Plus Account" and then "Build a Resume."
With a Plus Account Illinois JobLink staff can use the information you provide to better match you to opportunities. To start, click "Create a Plus Account" During the registration process you will be directed to the following pages.
- Equal Opportunity Statement. Please read and click "Accept" to continue.
- Data Privacy Notice. Please read and click "Accept" to continue.
- Authorization to Obtain Information. Please read and check appropriate boxes.
To verify your acceptance, please provide your username and password and click "Next Step" to continue.
Tell us about you:
- Complete the fields and click on next step at the bottom of each page to save your information.
- Be sure to answer questions with the option of Yes, No, or N/A with a Yes or No only. (N/A is only a place holder and not recognized.
Next Step - Work Experience:
- Specify the occupation that best matches the type of work you will look for in the coming weeks and click "Next Step". This information will help IJL better match you to available jobs.
Final Step in creating a Plus Account:
- Review and Edit
- Verify that all the information entered is correct, then click on the "Finished Button" at the bottom of the page.
Congratulations! You are now eligible for more benefits including better job matching to prospective jobs, as well as staff-assisted services.
Build a Resume
The next step, and the best way Illinois JobLink and employers can match you with available jobs, is to complete a resume.
Click on "Build a Resume" to continue.
Building your Resume:
After completing / editing your employment registration in Illinois JobLink you are ready to build or update your resume. Please follow the steps below:
- Click on "Build A Resume" link in the center of the page - This will direct you to the Illinois JobLink resume builder page.
- Click the "Resume Title" to your resume.
- You have 3 Options: "Build Online", "Upload Resume" or "Copy and Paste"
- Click "Build Online"
- This link will take you step-by-step through the online resume
Everything you enter on the following pages of the resume builder may appear on the online resume, so please make sure it is correct. Please do not type your information in all capital letters or all lower case letters. Please enter it in mixed case. Example: Jimmy, St. Anne, Trinity University.
There are 6 steps in Building a Resume Online:
- Contact Info and Target Job (Under Disclosure level it is recommended you check "Public" - potential employers will then be able to see your resume).
- Confirm Occupation
- Work Experience
- Education and Additional Info
- My References
- Review & Save / Print
After completing the appropriate fields in each step click on "Next Step"
To enhance your resume & provide the employer with your complete work history you may add additional talents. On the top left hand side of page go to "My Home Page" and click "Talents". Select the Add / Edit link for your individual skill.
Please take a moment to review your resume. Be sure all sections are completed thoroughly to give employers the most accurate picture of your qualifications and experience. Click the "Edit" button in any section to make changes.