Below is a list of questions that will be asked during the certification process. You should review and prepare the answers before you certify to ensure quick, accurate certification. Your answers to the questions will determine your eligibility for benefits. Also, depending on the program from which you are receiving benefits, you may be asked additional questions. (go to certification)
- Have you received or will you receive holiday pay during the period of Sunday (week 1 beginning date) through Saturday (week 2 ending date)? Tip: Make sure you have your holiday pay amount available.
- If yes, enter the gross amount of your holiday pay (before deductions) for each week.
- Did you work during the period of Sunday (week 1 beginning date) through Saturday (week 2 ending date)? Tip: Have your gross earnings before taxes and other deductions available.
- If yes, enter the total amount of earnings (before deductions) for each week.
- Has your dependency status changed during this certification period?
- Were you able and available to work each day during your normal work week?
- If no, enter the number of days you were unavailable for work in each of the weeks.
- Did you actively look for work for the week of Sunday (week 1 beginning date) through Saturday (week 2 ending date)?
- Are you receiving or have you applied for primary Social Security benefits?
- Other than Social Security, are you receiving or have you applied for a retirement or disability pension?
- If yes, has the amount changed?
- Did you attend school or receive training?
- If yes, did you attend all scheduled training courses?
- If no, enter the number of days that you did not attend class.
- Do you have a current workers' compensation claim or do you expect to receive workers' compensation for a temporary disability?
- Has your phone number changed?
- If yes, enter your new ten-digit telephone number.
- Has your mailing address changed?
Source: I Filed My Claim - What Happens Now?