Illinois TaxNet - debit
You can file your report and pay via Automated Clearing House (ACH) debit transaction by using Illinois TaxNet.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - credit
Using an ACH credit option, this service assures your payment will take only 24 hours to process and the funds will clear your bank account the next day. Please call the TaxNet Hotline at (866) 274-5697 to set up your Electronic Funds Transfer (see instructions).
Payments by Credit Card - credit or debit
- IDES accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express credit and debit card payment via Paybill.
- You can use Paybill online or through a telephone option. To use this payment method, you must have the payment coupon code which is located at the bottom of each UI-3/40 form or collections document the Department mails. The employer will be asked to enter the 27 digit code located at the bottom of the coupon.
- The web site address for credit or debit card payments is https://www.paybill.com/IDES. The site will provide step-by-step prompts. The process generally takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Employers may use the new telephone option by calling (866) 268-3956 and following the step-by-step prompts. The process takes about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- The Service Provider charges a convenience fee to process credit/debit card payments. This fee is paid directly to the service provider. IDES does not receive any portion of this convenience fee.
Employers may contact the Department with questions about these new options.
The credit card and debit card information furnished to the service provider is not disclosed to IDES.