Illinois JobLink For Job Seekers
Illinois JobLink is an Internet-based job search tool that features current job openings. Illinois JobLink searches for open jobs by Job category. Both statewide and nationwide job banks are included.
How do I create an account?
- Go to IllinoisJobLink.com
- Click on "Find a Job" to create a basic or plus account based on your needs. The recommendation is to create a plus account in order to access all services.
- You will need to create at least a basic account from the "Find a Job" page and follow the screens entering all required information. The more complete and current the information, the better chance of being matched with a job.
- Perform advanced job searches.
- Build and post an online resume.
- Save your job searches.
- Create a personal profile.
- Receive e-mail updates.
includes all basic account items plus more:
- Access to services that let our staff match you with your ideal job
- Advanced job notification for Veterans
- This is a public workforce system and is free to use.
- Additional referral resources including skills certification and training programs.
Your resumes can be searched by employers in Illinois JobLink!
- You can build your resume online, upload your existing Microsoft Word resume, or copy and paste text from your current resume.
- Employers will search for resumes by selecting search criteria based on keyword, talents, experience and education.
- Employers will only see your resume if you allow them access.
- Illinois JobLink allows you to have multiple resumes to targe specific jobs.
- You can control the active status of your resume on Resume, Preferences, Days to Expire. To make your resume inactive, change the number of days to zero. You may want to do this if you are no longer looking for a job.
Check the Benefits
- No cost to users.
- Employers can match their needs to key words in your resume.
- EAsily update your information and have multiple resumes in Illinois JobLink.
- Find your new job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Other IDES REsources for Job Seekers
- Specialized employment services for veterans.
- Resume development and job hunting workshops.
- Public access to computers, Internet and fax machines for job searching.
- Apprenticeship information.
- Re-entry employment services for the formerly incarcerated.
For more information, call 1-888-367-4382 or visit www.ides.illinois.gov.
- Multiple search options available.
- Ability to set up searches so you are notified when a position is posted that matches your search criteria.
- The Quick Search Feature allows you to search by city, with a radius around the city that can be changed. Changing the radius can expand the job search if the right jobs are not found on the first try.
- To send a resume to an employer you will need to follow the directions in the job posting. Most employers accept resumes by e-mail or from their website.
IDES is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all state and federal nondiscrimination laws in the administration of its programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Contact the office manager of the IDES office nearest you or the IDES Equal Opportunity Officer at (312) 793-9290 or TTY: (888) 340-1007.
Note: The information in this brochure is subject to change anytime. For the latest information, visit the IDES Web site at www.ides.illinois.gov.
Printed by Authority of the State of Illinois
S.N. 4369 Rev. 05/11