Assisting veterans in finding gainful employment is a top priority at IDES. Our staff provides veterans with priority of service for employment services (does not apply to unemployment insurance). In addition, we have nearly 40 offices located throughout Illinois with Employment Specialists available to provide a full array of services to assist veterans.
We also have many resources for veterans available online such as:
Employment Search Assistance
- Veterans can search for jobs online at IllinoisJobLink.com
- Setup a free account and learn how to use this system
- Subscribe to our events including job fairs and workshops
- Read about finding Jobs for Illinois Veterans
- Eligible Veterans & eligible persons should plan a visit to your local IDES office to obtain more information related to Employment Services and Opportunities tailored specifically for veterans.
NOTE: Be sure to bring your DD-214 to your planned visit.
- Use the IDES Office Locator to find an office nearest you.
Organizations offering veterans employment services:
Partner organizations service veterans:
- Bring the required information with you and file the claim at local IDES office. You will not be able to file online.
- If you need more information, please use our Contact Us form.
Copyright © Illinois Department of Employment Security