Submitting Electronic Claim Protests SIDES
Submitting Electronic Claim Protests (SIDES)
SIDES is a free electronic system that uses a nationally standardized format to easily respond to UI information requests, attach documentation when needed, and receive a date-stamped confirmation of receipt.
If you would like to receive or respond to UI information requests electronically, please enroll for SIDES using TaxNet.
Why should I consider SIDES?
The SIDES website provides an easy, efficient and secure way to electronically post responses to information requests from state agencies.
- Eliminates delays related to paper mail delivery;
- Allows more time to gather information and respond
- Ensures more complete information is provided through standard validations and business rules;
- Reduces time-consuming follow-up telephone calls;
- Keeps UI tax rates lower by reducing improper payments.
Potential Cost Savings
SIDES also addresses two of the largest causes of UI overpayments;
1. Incorrect initial eligibility decisions (job separation issues) and
2. Working while receiving UI benefits
Additional information is available at the Unemployment Insurance State Information Data Exchange (SIDES).