Recruit and Hire Veterans
Recruit & Hire Veterans
The success of your business depends upon the quality of your employees. But finding the best people for your workforce can be costly and time consuming. The Illinois Department of Employment Security has a solution for reducing cost and risk at the front end of your recruitment efforts: Hire a Veteran First.
By hiring a U.S. Veteran not only are you receiving a highly trained employee with a solid work ethic and proven skills, you qualify your business for tax credits
to incentivize hiring a veteran. Also, IDES can help you recruit veterans through our trained Veteran Representatives or via our online labor exchange system IllinoisJobLink.com
Our tools to help hire veterans are:
Find Veteran Employees
- Setup a free IllinoisJobLink.com account, learn how to use it, and search for veteran employees
- Subscribe to our events including job fairs and workshops
- Use tax credits of up to $9,600 to incentivize hiring a veteran, using the Work Opportunity Tax Credit or the Illinois Veteran's Tax Credit
- Veteran hiring toolkit called the Illinois Hires Heroes Consortium
For more information on hiring Vets:
- Download Employ Illinois Veterans
- Register with Illinois JobLink where employers can find qualified candidates to fill their current job openings and requirements.
- For additional veterans services and links, please visit: IDES Veteran Services.
If you would like to learn more about federal, state, and local benefits and resources available for Veterans visit the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs to find the Veteran Service Officer nearest you.