Fidelity Bonding protects employers against employee dishonesty, theft or embezzlement. A fidelity bond is no-cost insurance coverage that enables employers to hire job applicants considered to be "at risk" due to their past life experiences.
Fidelity bonding assistance is available to people who have a firm offer for full-time work and any of the following backgrounds:
- limited work history
- poor credit history
- a record of arrest, conviction or imprisonment
- a dishonorable military discharge
- Federal Bonding program overview (PowerPoint)
Request Fidelity Bonding
- Employers request fidelity bonding by calling the State Bonding Coordinator or use the IDES Office Locator to find an office nearest you.
- If an applicant meets eligibility criteria, bonding becomes effective immediately following certification and on the applicant's first day of work.
- Upon certification, the coverage provider mails the bond directly to the employer.
- Get Fidelity Bond Certification form
Copyright © Illinois Department of Employment Security