Data and Statistics
- County-To-County Worker Flow Files from the Bureau of the Census as of March 2013.
Current Employment Statistics (CES)
- Payroll job estimates of Illinois' non-farm industries.
- Employment projections for both industries and occupations.
Help Wanted Online (HWOL)
- The data source, Help Wanted Online (HWOL), uses web spider crawler
technology to scrape among others: online job boards, newspapers, niche,
free and local sources and aggregator sites and compile the top
occupations that are currently posting jobs for hire.
Illinois Labor Market Review
- A labor market information journal, featuring articles on Illinois workforce and careers.
Illinois Workforce Info Center
- Current and historical workforce and occupational information for
employers, job seekers, local workforce planning boards and economic
Labor Market and Career Information Publications
- A collection of useful Labor Market and Career Information publications.
Legislative District Dashboard
- The Dashboard contains information on Illinois claimants for regular
(non-Federal) unemployment insurance benefits. The reports are organized
by legislative district and feature claimant information by education,
age, and military status.
Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
- Monthly and annual estimates of the labor force, employed, unemployed
and the unemployment rate for the State, metropolitan areas, counties
and municipalities that have a population of at least 25,000.
Local Employment Dynamics
- Tools to access information about workforce and labor market conditions and quarterly workforce Indicators. Also generate maps and reports showing where workers live and work. At this time, these tools are not compatible with Internet Explorer version 10, but can be accessed using Chrome & other popular browsers.
Mass Layoff Statistics
- Mass layoffs and closures in Illinois in which at least 50 workers were
separated involuntarily by their employer for more than 30 days.
Occupational Employment Statistics (OES): Wage Information
- Information on entry level, median, and experienced hourly (and annual)
wages is available for Illinois, the Metropolitan Statistical Areas
(MSAs), Economic Development Regions (EDRs), counties and the Local
Workforce Areas (LWAs).
Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages (QCEW)
- The most comprehensive quarterly count of employment and wages for
workers covered under the Illinois Unemployment and Insurance Act and
the Federal Unemployment Compensation programs.
Targeted Employment Areas/EB-5 Visa Program
- Questions and answers about the Federal EB-5 immigrant visa program and Targeted Employment Areas in Illinois.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program Data
- Statistics derived from administrative data collected on individuals
currently applying for and those receiving Unemployment Insurance.
Where Workers Work
- Private sector employment totals for six northeastern Illinois counties, major communities in each of these counties, and ZIP codes within the
City of Chicago.
Workforce Availability Information
- Data to help you in completing your Affirmative Action compliance, or
EEO reports, are available for all counties and Metropolitan Statistical